We Are Parable are looking for a project coordinator to support the delivery for the 2023 iteration of Momentum, their talent development programme supporting Black British filmmakers and content creators.
About We Are Parable
We Are Parable is an award-winning company who provide audiences with opportunities to experience Black Cinema and television in culturally relevant, memorable, and unique ways. We are dedicated to providing a platform to Black films and their creators through our work in exhibition and the production of mentorship opportunities.
Founded in 2013 by Teanne and Anthony Andrews, We Are Parable have constantly focused on one philosophy: Experience Over Everything. The experience of the audience has remained paramount to everything they do, from film screenings to full scale cinematic experiences. They have worked extensively with some of the biggest studios and streamers in the industry from Netflix, Warner Brothers, Universal and Sony, in addition to partnerships with national broadcasters such as Channel 4, ITV and BBC.
Momentum is a programme by We Are Parable, and supported by Channel 4 and Sony Pictures Television, designed to support Black British filmmakers and content creators with mentoring, mental health support and access to industry professionals.
Since its inception, Momentum, which is funded by 4Skills, Channel 4’s nationwide training and development programme, has worked with 80 Black British creatives from around the UK, offering them a six-month development programme that includes mentoring from leading film and television executives, mental health wellbeing workshops, access to industry experts and the opportunity to pitch to commissioners.
Previous participants have included Adura Onashile, whose feature debut “Girl” will be released later this year and Imafidon Gift Jesurobo-Owie who produced the award -winning “All the Colours of the World are between Black and White”, which premiered at the Berlin Film Festival in February.
This year’s programme will run from October 2023 until April 2024 and will welcome another 60 filmmakers and content creators. Find out more at: www.weareparable.com/momentum.
The project coordinator is the first point of contact for the programme and will be required to:
· Attend stakeholders’ fortnightly meetings (Friday mornings) and team meetings (Wednesday mornings) following up on actions.
· Assign mentors to mentees, oversee introduction, and answering any queries.
· Help to coordinate event logistics for regional Momentum meet up events and masterclasses (in person and virtual).
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external stakeholders to ensure seamless event experiences for attendees.
· Contribute to drafting the end of programme survey and report.
· Contribute to creating engaging content for social media to profile the filmmakers.
· Devise a bi-monthly Momentum newsletter.
· Track the performance of the programme, capturing filmmakers’ development and key successes.
· General administration linked to the project (responding to emails from mentors/mentees, recording meetings/ sending e-invites/ creating guestlists and track RSVP’s / maintain events calendars)
· To be present for the ‘Momentum Mixer’ on October 24th (Tentatively)
The candidate must demonstrate they have:
· excellent written English and grammar
· excellent communication, administration, time management and organisational skills
· attention to detail.
· proficiency saving/organising digital files and folders.
· the ability to work independently and remotely.
· knowledge and experience of using the following: Google Drive, Google Sheets/Excel, Mailchimp, Zoom, Slack and Canva.
· A minimum of 2 years administrative experience is essential.
· Project management and events experience is desirable.
· Previous experience working in the film/TV industry is desirable.
Contract: Freelance; mid-September 2023 – April 2024 (25 days)
Place of work: Based in London. Remote, with scheduled in person meetings (once a month), with some regional travel to events.
Duration | Hours: 25 days, 1 day (7.5 hours) spilt across the week, with flexibility to work around other commitments.
Fee: £4,500 (£180 per day), travel reimbursed to and from regional events.
Dates: Applications for Momentum 2023 are currently open and close on 13 September 2023.
We will be looking to fill this role by mid-September, with interviews being held w/c 11th September.
If you are interested, please send a brief expression of interest and recent CV to: Teanne Andrews (email@example.com) before 8th September
To apply for this job please visit www.weareparable.com.