Website The New Black Film Collective
As a Project Manager, you will work as freelance on specific projects. You will be required to complete the project from conception ensuring that you meet deadlines and stay within budget. You must have experience with projects with varying budgets, ranging from training to events and you must have a good understanding of PR & marketing. You must be highly organised, calm under pressure and an excellent communicator with good problem-solving skills.
With this position you will gain experience of working in a busy team and supporting the staff in delivering multiple projects for the Black screen industry.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
COMPANY: The New Black Film Collective (TNBFC) is a nationwide network of film producers, educators and programmers of Black representation on screen. TNBFC offers services ranging from Film PR & Marketing, Consultancy, Event Management, Screenings, Distribution and Education.
· Event Producing to include organising location, performers, host, panel as required by the project
· Oversee PR & Marketing campaigns to ensure events are well attended
· Liaising with PR & Marketing Agency
· Liaising with talent, vendor and venue
· Keeping Operations Manager abreast of progress
· Available to talk about the project for publicity purposes
· Research as required by the project
· Proficient in administration
· Proficient in budgeting
· Ensure finances are tracked and available to Operations Manager
· Ensure actions in relation to the project are tracked
· Maintain Event Call Sheets
· Adapt to ad-hoc requirements of the project
Skills & Qualities
· Excellent communication skills, via phone, in person and over email
· Ability to collate large amounts of data, and write reports clearly and concisely for funders
· Ability to represent the project with confidence at public events
· Proactive approach to tasks, presenting creative solutions to problems
· Ability to work to deadlines, understanding how this impacts on team members
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Ability to work on own initiative and on a variety of tasks
· IT literate, particularly in MS Office
· Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience
· Attention to Detail
· Media Experience
· PR & Marketing experience
· Strong Project Management Skills
· Good command of oral and written English
· A good working knowledge of film
· Experience of coordinating a project on a similar scale
· Understanding of the barriers faced by marginalised communities and/or individuals with additional needs
· Experience, or an of understanding of audience development
· Being part of a series of amazing events
· An opportunity to make the role your own and build industry connections
· Gain hands on, professional experience to include on your CV
· Network with top film professionals and emerging talent
Flexible working hours may be required involving weekends/evenings and some travel around the UK. In response, a flexible attitude will be taken to ensure candidates with access requirements/carer demands are supported to get the most from the position.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds will be encouraged to bring their experiences to their decision-making and to foster broader understanding in the TNBFC team and wider nationwide network. In particular, we welcome applications from Black people.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties which may have to be varied (after discussion with the post-holder) subject to the needs of the project and organisation, and in keeping with the general profile of the post.
REPORTING: Andrina George (Operations Manager)
DURATION: On-going. (Probationary period of 2-4 weeks)
FEE: £150-£250 per day dependant on experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org