The board of Take One Action Film Festivals is seeking an individual or collective team to evaluate and advise on the position of Take One Action; to support the development of the organisation; and identify changes for the model of delivery that build on the organisation’s 14 years of work linking films, audiences, campaigners and communities whilst sustaining the core values of accessibility, empowerment and decoloniality. This unique opportunity comes at a time of transformation for Scotland’s leading global action cinema project.
The consultant(s) will consider the strategic approach of annual festivals alongside a network of community film clubs and one-off, year-round events. It is essential that the consultant understands the power of film and shared cinematic experiences to build collective power and inspire lasting positive social change.
Location: Home-based but with limited travel. Office space available in Edinburgh. (Please note that the organisation’s office is not currently wheelchair accessible.)
Fee: £12 500 plus expenses
Timescale: May 2022 – January 2023
Reporting to: The board of Take One Action Film Festivals
Scope of work:
● Work with the board and staff team to re-imagine the 5-year organisational and creative strategy for Take One Action Film Festivals
● Conduct a thorough review of engagement needs
● Consult with community members, partners and third sector groups
● Develop a programme to engage under-served audiences and identify a strategy to remove barriers for engagement
● Propose sustainable leadership structure for organisation
● Identify partnerships for further development
● To ensure EDI, decoloniality, climate action and fair work are embedded as values across the organisation and delivery of events
TOA is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse cultural life within the region. We will work with the successful candidate to establish the most appropriate location and configuration of the delivery. The successful candidate may be required to travel to other areas across Scotland if required and pre-approved expenses would be reimbursed. This work has been supported thanks to Film Hub Scotland.
Deadline: 5pm, Wed 11 May 2022
Interviews: w/b 16 May 2022
Click here for more information and instructions on how to apply (please let us know if you require this in a different format)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org