Freelance Marketing Communications Coordinator – Oska Bright Film Festival
We are looking for an experienced and creative Marketing Communications Coordinator to join our team.
Together with the core Oska Bright Team of one full time Festival Producer and our freelance Marketing Manager, you will work with venues, exhibitors, festivals, filmmakers, emerging and high-profile talent, to champion learning disabled people in film.
The role would suit someone with experience in a marketing role, who is looking to take on further responsibilities. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about making film and the arts accessible to everyone.
Type of contract: Freelance contract until the end of March 2022
Hours: 72 days to between now and end of March 2022. Working pattern to be negotiated.
Salary: £125 per day
Location: Currently we are doing a mixture of home working and some days in our office in central Brighton. You will need to be based in, or near Brighton for the role. But with many meetings now virtual, attendance in the office can be negotiated.
Carousel champions the rights of learning disabled artists h and be celebrated. In film, music, radio, performance and digital arts, in our partnerships and training, Carousel is dedicated to making learning disabled creativity a valued part of the cultural landscape.
Oska Bright Film Festival is the world’s leading festival for films made by or featuring people with learning disabilities or autism, and is a project of Carousel. The next festival takes place in March 2022 in Brighton.
With less than 5% of disabled people working in the UK film industry, Oska Bright Film Festival is driven to make change happen. Working internationally with industry partners and funded by the BFI, its team produces the BAFTA and BIFA qualifying Oska Bright Film Festival, promotes accessible screenings, runs training for venues and develops skills for aspiring filmmakers. Oska Bright Film Festival puts people with learning disabilities or autism where they should be, on the big screen.
The Freelance Marketing Communications Coordinator at Oska Bright Film Festival will be required to:
· Coordinate and update all social media platforms
· Take responsibility for website updates
· Manage the delivery of marketing campaigns – including press releases, reciprocal marketing.
· Monitor and evaluate these campaigns and report back to the team.
· Research, contact and develop local learning disabled audiences in the run up to Oska Bright Film Festival
· Work closely on the Welcome Back scheme for venues across the UK.
· Support key UK venues by researching, contacting and introducing regional learning disabled audiences to the venues.
· Coordinate and produce a regular newsletter
· Create and distribute new Oska Bright marketing materials and flyers
· Support corporate sponsorship efforts with the production team
· Support the marketing of Oska Bright at public events
· Excellent knowledge of social media platforms for marketing events
· Experience of using Mailchimp
· Confident use of Excel and MS office tools
· Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and InDesign
· Experience of using accessible communication
· Desirable: knowledge of using a box office system
· An engaging person who is a brilliant communicator
· Evidence of creative approaches to marketing and communications
· Ability to work closely within a team
· Excellent copywriting and editing skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· A keen eye for design
· An interest in film
· Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people of all cultural backgrounds, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and education.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a covering letter, highlighting why you’d be a good candidate for the role. Please could you also complete our anonymous equal opportunities form here
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 3rd September
If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, please advise by email to the address above. We will happily accept other forms of application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com