Website Sarah Harvey Publicity
Sarah Harvey Publicity is looking for a freelance film publicity coordinator interested in social justice and human rights issues, to work in the media communications team promoting the Human Rights Watch Film Festival.
About the Role
I would love to hear from you if you have film festival press office experience, or if you have worked with human rights or social justice organisations, preferably promoting arts events to targeted media. The ideal candidate will be an articulate and confident communicator, with persuasive verbal and written skills; be an agile thinker with excellent problem-solving skills; have great attention to detail, and be passionate about human rights and the power of film to influence and create change.
This role is offered on a fixed-term, part-time contract, 34 days between January and early April, with a fixed fee of £3,740.
The role is for flexible hybrid working with regular online or in-person meetings. You will need to be available in person during festival dates (16-24 March) in central London.
- Watch films, brainstorm story angles, research and pitch ideas based on the issues explored by the filmmaker and film participants;
- Create, organise and manage shared campaign and assets spreadsheets;
- Attend meetings with the festival teams, filmmakers and film participants ;
- Research and reach out to new press leads;
- Help compile the listings section for the programme announcement press release;
- Compile targeted press communications – by identified themes and common angles, for instance women’s issues, the environment, migration, LGBTQ.
- Assist with coordination and management of press interview schedules with filmmakers and festival staff;
- Manage press ticket allocations and requests; communicate with press members about the logistics;
- Efficiently facilitate journalist requests for assets and information;
- During festival dates: support as required by the Head of Press including assistance with interview schedules and attend screenings and festival events.
To apply for the job please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com – or please do get in touch with any questions.
The closing date for this position is 05/12/2022 at 10:00
To apply for this job please visit sarahharveypublicity.co.uk .