British Film Commission Communications Consultant / Manager
Reporting to: Lauren Preteceille, Head of Communications and Public Affairs
Contract: 3 days a week @ £200 per day OR Fixed Term Contract, 3 days a week at £38,000 pa pro rata
Period: October 2022 to end March 2023 – with the potential to extend
The British Film Commission (BFC) is the national organisation responsible for maximising feature film and television inward investment in the UK. The BFC is the national division of Film London.
The BFC leads on maximising and supporting the production of international feature film and high-end television in the UK, strengthening and promoting the UK’s production infrastructure and working with the UK Government to secure and maintain film-friendly policies.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Communications Consultant / Manager to work on a Freelance or Part time, Fixed Term Contract basis with our Communications team to manager and deliver communications support for the British Film Commission over the period of the contract.
This includes work to support the BFC’s presence at Film Festivals, Expos and Markets (e.g. FOCUS London, Sundance, Berlin, Cannes), as well as communications support ahead of a forthcoming UK Film & TV Week delegation to LA (end October 22), and comms support ahead of a Familiarisation Trip to the UK for US executives (March 2023 tbc).
It will also include marketing and communications support for the projects specified below. The Consultant will also oversee and provide support for website changes planned for autumn 2022, and will report on this.
- To work with the Head of Comms & Public Affairs (Department Head) and Head of PR & Marketing on the successful planning, management and delivery of the company’s activities at various events including reception, panels and presence at Focus London (December), activity (tbc) at Sundance, Berlin and Cannes International Film Festivals, as well as provide planning and comms advice and support for the Familiarisation trip and other events (detail tbc).
- To manage the delivery of markets and events in line with our communications strategy. Work effectively with relevant team, partners and stakeholders on marketing and promotional efforts.
- To work with the Head of PR & Marketing on the design, preparation and distribution of BFC communications materials, particularly for UK Film & TV Week, Focus London, Sundance, Berlin, BFC’s UK Fam Trip and Cannes.
- To help ensure the quality and visibility of BFC’s brand and presence are maintained over the course of the contract period.
- Provide support for updates to the BFC website, including the addition of new pages, and project manage a website refresh, delivered by our website developers.
- Produce a short analytics report on the website use for each month, following the introduction of analytics tools in July
Social media support:
- Manage BFC social media channels on Twitter and LinkedIn
Press and PR:
Working alongside the Film London Press team, the role will require support on the following:
- Coordination of our partnership with Screen International and oversight of delivery of UK in Focus articles, liaising with BFC team and Screen International freelance journalist.
Experience and qualities
- Previous marketing & events management experience
- Extensive experience of working within a full service communications and marketing environment, preferably in a film or media related environment.
- Proven relationship management skills – ability to bring together multiple stakeholders in pursuit of common goals to deliver successful activities
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, network and influence effectively, establishing positive relationships that generate confidence and trust
- Good management and team building skills, and works well with others as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage budgets effectively.
- Knowledge of, or a keen interest in, the film and TV industry
From October 2022 until 31 March 2023, on the basis of 3 days per week.
We would consider a day rate of £200 per day or a salary of £38,000 pa pro rata (fixed term contract to March 2023).
Contact: Please submit your CV, our monitoring form and covering letter, outlining your relevant experience and why you would be suitable for this contract, as well as your preferred day rate, to email@example.com, by 10am, Tuesday 4th October 2022.
To apply for this job please visit filmlondon.org.uk.